View archival description

Collection IN4/19 - Eriskay School, Eriskay

Identity area

Reference code



Eriskay School, Eriskay


  • 1895-2013 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

1 linear metre

Context area

Name of creator

Eriskay School (1895-2013)

Administrative history

The school opened in 1895. From 1904-5 and 1921-3, evening classes were offered for adults on the island in the school but these were discontinued. The Eriskay School slowly declined and in 2013 the school voluntarily closed with the few remaining pupils transfering to Dliburgh School, South Uist.

Archival history

the records were held in Eriskay School until its voluntary closure in June 2013 at which time they were transferred to Daliburgh Community library

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Transfer : 2013

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Admission register 1895-1968; log books 1904-1993; visitors books 2004-2011; photographs 1990s-2000s

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


No further records ae expected to be added to the collection

System of arrangement

Arranged within series. Within series, items are arranged chronologically.

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Admission registers are closed to public access for 100 years from the final entry in a given volume.

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Paper volumes

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Notes area

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Surveyed by David Powell, Project Manager & Archivist, Tasglann nan Eilean Siar, 5 June 2013




Rights area

Accession area